- Botanical Name-Terminalia arjuna (Roxb) W&A
- Family- COMBRETACEAE
- Names in different languages:
- English Name- Arjun Tree, Arjunolic Myrobalan
- Hindi & Bengali Name-Arjun
- Manipuri name – Maiyokpha
- Telugu Name – Tella Maddi
- Marathi- Sadaru,
- Gujarati Name – Sadado
- Tamil Name -Poomarudhu, Neermarudhu / Belma/Marudam patti / Marutu
- Malayalam name – Adamboe, Chola venmaruthu, Poomaruthu, Manimaruthu, Neermaruthu
- Kannada Name – Neer matti, Holemaththi, Holedaasaala
Terminalia arjuna being taken as the source of Arjuna. But some take T.panniculata & even T.tomentosa as Arjuna.Even Sterculia urens is considered as Arjuna in Rajasthan & in parts of Pakistan.
K.C.Chunekar ji in the commentary of Bhavaprakasha Nighantu states that some Physicians in India consider L. flos-reginae to be the source of ARJUNA, Inspite of the fact that the common source of ARJUNA being Terminalia arjuna, Combretaceae.