There are many types of essential oils used to enhance scalp care and hair growth. One of them is carrot oil which is made from carrot seed. Carrot seed oil has been found to be effective for good hair growth with the necessary elements for the nourishment of the hair. There is sufficient moisture and elasticity with the use of carrot oil which is ideal for healthy hair growth.
Carrot oil as one of the essential oils is effective in treating alopecia areata, hair loss, fragile or brittle hair. Its richness in beta-carotene and certain vitamins helps calm the scalp. It may cost more than other types of essential oils.
- Any good aromatherapy product like essential oils must be used with the right knowledge to enjoy its full benefits. There are some crucial safety guidelines to be followed in using carrot seed oil as an aromatherapy product.
- Carrot oil needs to be diluted properly before application especially to the skin. The consumer should check if carrot oil or other essential oil is permissible for application with certain medical conditions. This would require a trained and professional aromatherapist or physician to advice consumers for the right type of oil to use even if applied on the hair.
- One of the simple safety measures consumers can undertake to check on the application of carrot oil or other essential oils is to check the products ingredients to confirm the absence of harmful components such as sulphates. Many hair care products in the market today may have good effects but they contain damaging constituents such as sodium laurel sulphates, propylene glycol and polyethylene glycol.
- The use of carrot oil in hair products is favorable with a good moisturizing effect; hence, natural hair care products such as carrot oil can stimulate the hair roots for better growth.
- Using products that contain proteins would enhance the hair texture and health. There should not be damaging constituents as part of the products ingredients that reduce the effectiveness of protein in the hair.