Brahmi Benefits as per Ayurveda:
- Shophahara â good anti inflammatory herb
- Panduhara â useful in anemia
- Jvarahara â useful in fever
- Deepani â improves digestion power
- Kushtahara â useful in skin diseases.
- Kandughna â relieves itching, useful in pruritis
- Pleeha â useful in spleen disorders
- Vayasa sthapani, Ayushya â improves life quality, anti aging
- Unmada vinashini â useful in psychiatric disorders
- Medha â improves intelligence
- Vak â improves speech, helps in speech related development problems in children.
- Svarya, Svarada â improves quality of voice
- Hrudya â good for heart, acts as cardiac tonic
- Shvasahara â useful in asthma, chronic bronchial disorders
- Meha â useful in urinary tract disorders and diabetes
- Diabetes â Brahmi is very useful in reducing blood sugar levels. Due to its anti oxidant property, it is also useful in improving the cell and tissue health in diabetic patients.
- Kasajit â useful in cough, cold
- Visha hara â natural detoxification herb, useful in poisoning.
- Its paste is put on a hot pan, heated to a little higher temperature and applied over chest of children to relieve chronic cough and asthma.
In case of fever due to Vata and Kapha imbalance, it is heated along with onion, tied in a pocket and heat is applied over chest.
Bacopa monneiri is extensively used in treating Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disoreder (ADHD) in children.
It is also used in Irritable bowel syndrome, allergic skin and respiratory conditions, and as an anti stress tonic.